Soak Chia seeds in cranberry juice overnight. I filled an airtight container with about a half inch of Chia seeds and covered them with about an inch of Knudsen brand pure cranberry juice. This morning I spooned that Chia mixture into my bowl, topped it chopped fresh banana, chopped tropical fruit medley, local honey, raw almonds and pine nuts. Detox and feel full for hours with this satisfying, vegan breakfast bowl. Enjoy with your favorite morning beverage. Please buy organic whenever possible; it’s better for our planet and your body.
PS I added a spoon or two of goat yogurt for the boys (not that I think this is necessary)
Now you may already know I’m a cannabis connoisseur but don’t let the title fool you, these are not (though they could be) THC infused recipes. Simply replace a portion of the ghee with your own special butter (wink wink) and enjoy for hours after the delicious taste has faded away.
- 4 Tbs ghee
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp magic mushroom paleo powder
- Two sweet potatoes (I used one white, one orange) grated
- 1 lb raw spinach
- 4 eggs
- Heat 2 Tbs ghee in cast iron skillet on medium low heat
- Add crushed garlic allow to sweat but not brown
- Add grated potatoes and toss in 1 additional Tbs ghee, and the magic mushroom powder, allow to brown on one side (patience grasshopper) maybe turn the heat down if you feel like it’s burning. Before you flip them over they should be mostly cooked and nicely golden browned on the bottom.
- Flip once
- Allow to brown again, remove from heat but remain in the pan while cooking spinach and eggs
- I fried all four eggs in one non stick egg pan with 1 Tbs ghee
- I tossed the spinach in that same pan and barely cooked mine before removing it and building my plate. I left the boys spinach in just 2 minutes longer than mine and then chopped it nice and small before building their plates
You see the pictures for yourself. It was a huge success, cleaned plates all around and sooooo filling
Until next time
Bottom to top: macerated raisins, tropical fruit mix, avocado & coconut milk puree, roasted butternut squash w shredded coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup, topped with toasted crushed walnuts and pine nuts
This breakfast was super simple to make and so nourishing, it’ll keep us going for hours and hours.
Preheat oven to 450f
Carve and clean the bird, soak in mixture of water, lemon juice, crushed garlic and salt for 10 minutes.
Remove from soak, shake off excess water and place pieces in large oven proof pan. Slice half a large onion and place in pan. Add 3Tbs extra Virgin olive oil, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, mix all well with your hands until seasoning is fully incorporated. Make sure onions are evenly distributed and atop the chicken pieces. Place pan in oven on top rack. Set timer for 45 minutes.
Serve hot with sides of your choice or cover and allow to cool to room temp before storing in the fridge.
From The Minimalist Baker, link provided below
I only had a quarter cup of almonds so I added 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots.
I also used old fashioned quick cooking steel cut oats instead of rolled oats (they’re heartier in my opinion) the non gmo kind, of course
Link to the original recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/healthy-5-ingredient-granola-bars/
Until next time
Edamame pasta tossed in sautéed onions and mushrooms with a little soy sauce. then fresh sliced avocado folded in and topped with thinly sliced tomato. Yum yum